Friday, September 17, 2010

Baptized Babe

We baptized Iris a few weeks ago. It was a beautiful ceremony. It was Jon's, our new pastor at Trinity, first baptism of a baby here. He asked us and our congregation a series of questions about how we plan to raise and teach her. It's always so awesome to hear the people of our church, who I consider family, commit to help love, raise and instruct our babies. We don't look at this as Iris being "saved" but more as a commitment on our part to raise her as if she has been called by Christ into his service. 

Iris looked radiant, as always. She is the most amazing thing to Seth and I. She has such a sweet, happy and content spirit... already teaching me so much. 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember being at River's baptism. Wish I could have been there for Iris, too.

BTW, you need to update your heading drawing to include Iris.

Mama