Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My baby turned 1!

...like 2 months ago now but life has been bizzzzzy for us Hocksters and I lost my camera only to recover it this morning! So there ya go. But River's bday party was amazing, thanks to all the 70 wonderful friends that came out and made it so special. Seth shot a wild pig a few days before the blessed event and it hung in our fridge til Saturday morning, where then he doused it in oil and spices and put it on the spit (which he also built) where he turned it every 15 minutes for about 7 hours. It tasted fine I guess but for my huntsman, it was more about the experience and challenge than anything else. We also brewed some fantastic beer for the occasion: a Hef type, which tasted a lot like Blue Moon and a Amber, which had a Red Tail flavor. They turned out fantastic. So thanks to our little man for giving us a great reason to throw a party. He'll enjoy the pictures one day.














2 comments:

Lindsey said...

awesome! did you make those cowboy cakes???? seeing these picts makes me miss you so much! i hope i can come visit you this year. you are always welcomed to nashville too. love ya!

Annie said...

I would love to come visit you or vice versa. Feelin like I need something like that right now. Yes, I made those cupcake cakes-it was so fun. Kinda gross eating all that colored frosting though.